Out of Office Emergency Contact
WHEN TO CONTACT AN EMERGENCY CONTRACTOR
The three questions to consider before contacting an emergency contractor are listed below:
- Could the Issue Be Resolved in Office Hours? Shanta Letting office hours are: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-12 noon. All issues during that period should be reported to email@example.com or in the case of an emergency call the office 0141 255 2828 or mobile 07739 314083
- What is an Out of Office Emergency? Smell of gas, loss of electricity, water leak, break in or locked out. An emergency is something that cannot wait until our office is open. Tenants are to be aware that if they call a tradesman unnecessarily, they may be held accountable for the costs involved.
- Does the Landlord Have Home Care? Some of our landlords have Home Care packages with companies such a British Gas, Scottish Power etc. At the start of the tenancy, tenants will be given information regarding the specific cover and instructions with contacts for each emergency situation. If your landlord has a Home Care package, please follow the instructions provided and contact them.
- If you smell gas or think that you may have a gas leak somewhere call the National Grid Gas Emergencies (formerly Transco) line straight away on 0800 111 999.
- Open your windows and doors to let air in, make sure all gas appliances are turned off and turn the gas off at the mains if possible.
- Do not turn lights on or off and avoid using other electrical switches and appliances as this could trigger an explosion.
- Do not smoke, light a match or any other naked flame.
- Do not try and investigate the problem or attempt to fix a leak or a faulty appliance.
Once you have done the above please then call our Out Of Hours Emergency Gas Engineer, Avi Plumbing & Heating Ltd 07949182412 and inform them that you are a Shanta Letting tenant.
Please turn off the stop cock (location will be detailed in your inventory) and all water supplies before calling our Out of Hours Emergency Plumber (Avi Plumbing & Heating Ltd 07949182412).
- If you have been broken into and need an emergency locksmith to repair or replace the lock please contact the police immediately and then All About Glasgow Locksmiths (07886356613).
- If you are locked out, it is a non-emergency and the office is closed, please seek alternative accommodation until the office reopens.
If there is no alternative you may call our approved locksmith All About Glasgow Locksmiths (07886356613) to gain entry/replace locks. Please note that this cost will be borne by the tenant.
For any electrical emergency please contact our Out of Hours Emergency number 07739314083
If you are experiencing night time anti-social behaviour from your neighbours and wish to report this whilst the incident is occurring then contact the police (Non-Emergencies Police Number 101) or (Emergency Police Number- 999)